We are hiring – Grantmaking Program Officer
Published on July 27, 2021
Deadline for applications – August 23, 2021
Location – Chișinău
Starting date – October 2021
Conditions – full time job
ARC (Association for Community Relations) wants to expand its team. We are looking for a person to hold the position of Grantmaking Program Officer, full time, in Moldova.
Who We Are
At ARC, we see grantmaking as an incremental instrument for social change. ARC will be the implementing partner of OAK Foundation in Moldova, supporting nonprofits that are addressing women’s issues, through grants and capacity building programs.
For more information about the organizations, please access: www.arcromania.ro and https://oakfnd.org/programmes/issues-affecting-women/.
Whom We Seek
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with solid knowledge of the women’s issues and violence against women field, experience in the philanthropic sector and a commitment to providing exceptional client service.
Coordination of the program “Supporting nonprofits in Moldova to combat violence against women” implies a full support cycle to the organization’s operation from the award of grants, execution of activities, monitoring the budget and stimulating the development of capacities and networking. Based on the obtained insight of the needs and context, the grant officer coordinates the subject activities with the aim of accurate execution of the program plan and analysis of the impact of activities on the socio-political context, as a source of information that serves for further planning and growth of the program.
The Oak Foundation manages its grant portfolio for nonprofits supporting women issues in Moldova through ARC. The Program Officer will be an ARC employee, but work closely with members of the Oak Foundation as well.
The Program Officer will be expected to perform in the following areas:
- Work with the Oak Foundation’s Issues Affecting Women Program team to develop the violence against women grantmaking strategy, including intersectional approaches to grantmaking for field impact.
- Provide information to ARC and OAK Foundation based on insights into the context, needs and achievements of local organizations, as well as continuously informing about the state of women’s rights and women’s movement in Moldova, on legal framework, changes and new challenges in the field of family violence and women’s movement building.
- Identify potential new grantees
- Review grant applications and conduct due diligence on actual and potential grantees
- Invite and review proposals, and make recommendations for funding to Oak Foundation
- Develop plans for monitoring grants and current strategies; analyze grant and program impact
- Conduct site visits to assess progress and resolve problems (grantee organizations are all Moldova-based)
- Ensure grantees financial operation in accordance with the proposed project objectives, monitor the work of selected organizations to ensure their progress in organizational development
- Identify capacity building needs among grantees and connect to appropriate expertise to address those needs individually or collectively
- Play a lead role in identifying prospective national and local donors that can help advance the field and make connections between grantees with potential donors
- Connect organizations within the program, as well as with other relevant organizations, stakeholders and donors in order to empower both individual organizations and the communities they serve.
Program reporting and communication
- Prepare reports for ARC and Oak Foundation as needed
- Maintain regular communications and direct contact on substantive issues related to the strategy and grant-making with Oak Foundation
- Maintain regular correspondence and communication with existing grantees, conduct assessments and write annual reports tracking their progress and identifying challenges to advancing their work
- Oversee all aspects of the portfolio’s budgeting process: work closely with ARC’s Chief Financial Officer and finance staff to ensure adequate tracking and reconciliation of all revenue and programmatic expenditures;
- A University Degree in a relevant field such as social sciences, law, and/or political science, human rights
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience, with a proven track record of significant achievement in a relevant/related field within the non-profit sector or governmental development agencies including domestic violence, women’s issues, migration, labor rights, or economic justice, grant making, program management of women and girls organizations and groups of women
- Strong analytical and writing skills, and evaluating program impact
- Strong budget and financial management skills
- A “self-starter” who can work independently in carrying out responsibilities, with the ability and energy to multi-task and manage a dynamic work environment
- An ability to identify strategic opportunities for organizational growth and provide ideas to innovate current models of work
- Strong networking, negotiation, presentation and communications skills
- Discerning and able to absorb and synthesize new information rapidly
- Strong feministic values, tact, maturity and a good sense of humor
- Good understanding of donor funded context in Republic of Moldova, the context of human rights and development of civil society organizations in particular of women organizations
- Willingness to travel.
- Grantmaking or philanthropy experience
- Experience of working or volunteering in the coalitions, networks
- Experience with strategic communications, with new social media preferred
- An advanced degree in social sciences, law, and/or political science, human rights
ARC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, and access to professional development resources.
We estimate that the recruitment process will end by September 30, 2021. The process will involve two rounds of interview, the second one will be held in English. Only relevant candidates will be contacted.
To apply, please send your CV, intention letter and a contact of reference by 23rd of August 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org